BIASISWA TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN
The scholarship is open to all Malaysians, focusing especially on high-potential students with a strong financial need to cover the expenses of the university’s tuition fees and living expenses during the course of the study.
The BTAR Scholarship provides:
- Full sponsorship of tuition fees in any MQA-accredited public or private university for study in Malaysia.
- A monthly living allowance.
- Access to a development fund that our scholars can use for self-development or to fund community projects.
- Stationery allowance.
- Textbook allowance.
- Thesis allowance.
- Laptop allowance.
- Formal Clothing allowance.
- Flight allowance (for flights between East and West Malaysia only).
We encourage all Malaysians from all fields of study to apply as all applications will be reviewed individually and holistically by the YTAR team. Among the selection criteria that we look for in the selection process are:
- The capability to overcome challenges and persevere in setting and achieving personal goals, regardless of setbacks.
- Having leadership experience (in clubs or societies) with a specific goal in mind to influence others and drive change in Malaysia within your own personal capacity (inside and outside of the university).
03. Passion to Learn
- We celebrate students with eager minds and intellectual curiosity to explore their fields of study and beyond.
04. Academic Ability
Paired with a passion for self-development through active participation in extracurricular activities and leadership. We consider:
- 3.00 CGPA or equivalent for Degree / STPM / Foundation / Matriculation / Diploma, OR
- BBB for A-Level
- NOTE: Students who do not meet this academic requirement but are highly active in extracurricular activities and leadership are still strongly encouraged to apply
05. Financial Need
Priority will be given to the following:
- Household income of RM4,850 or less
- First in the family to go to university
- Candidates who have had to overcome significant challenges
We strongly encourage including a letter of recommendation by your teacher / headmaster / dean or any other figure of authority in your education institution to support your application.
Prepare supporting documents.
Apply online through our website.
Complete the online application - Essay Assessment.
Pass the assessment centre and interview.
Receive the offer letter of the Scholarship.
YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
In the spirit of Tunku, we focus on honing the potential of the future leaders of Malaysia, regardless of colour or creed.