TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN SCHOLARSHIP (BTAR)
- YTM Almarhum Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj
TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN SCHOLARSHIP (BTAR)
The Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship (BTAR) aims to help underprivileged students to continue their education in university. It is open to all Malaysians, focusing especially on high-potential students with a strong financial need to cover the expenses of the university’s tuition fees and living expenses during the course of the study.
Other than financial support, BTAR also support the students with leadership programmes such as mentorships, camps and workshops.
- Full sponsorship of tuition fees in any MQA-accredited public or private university for study in Malaysia.
- A monthly living allowance.
- Stationery allowance.
- Textbook allowance.
- Thesis allowance.
- Laptop allowance.
- Formal Clothing allowance.
- Flight allowance (for flights between East and West Malaysia only).
- Scholars will be paired with a mentor (industrial professional or Tunku Alumni) to help guide them in their career path and self-development.
CAMPS AND WORKSHOPS
- Scholars will be able to attend camps and workshops to hone their leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as critical thinking.
- Access to a development fund that our scholars can use for self-development or to fund community projects.
We encourage all Malaysians from all fields of study to apply as all applications will be reviewed individually and holistically by the YTAR team. Among the selection criteria that we look for in the selection process are:
- The capability to overcome challenges and persevere in setting and achieving personal goals, regardless of setbacks.
- Having leadership experience (in clubs or societies) with a specific goal in mind to influence others and drive change in Malaysia within your own personal capacity (inside and outside of the university).
03. Passion to Learn
- We celebrate students with eager minds and intellectual curiosity to explore their fields of study and beyond.
04. Academic Ability
Paired with a passion for self-development through active participation in extracurricular activities and leadership. We consider:
- 3.00 CGPA or equivalent for Degree / STPM / Foundation / Matriculation / Diploma, OR
- BBB for A-Level
- NOTE: Students who do not meet this academic requirement but are highly active in extracurricular activities and leadership are still strongly encouraged to apply
05. Financial Need
Priority will be given to the following:
- Household income of RM4,850 or less
- First in the family to go to university
- Candidates who have had to overcome significant challenges
We strongly encourage including a letter of recommendation by your teacher / headmaster / dean or any other figure of authority in your education institution to support your application.
Prepare supporting documents.
Apply online through our website.
Complete the online application - Essay Assessment.
Pass the assessment centre and interview.
Receive the offer letter of the Scholarship.
The Foundation aims to be Malaysia’s leading scholarship programme that is inclusive of the B40 communities and focuses on values.
Currently, we have Affin Hwang Asset Management and Multimedia University to support us in empowering more high-potential and deserving scholars through our Tunku-Partner Scholarships.
Tunku-Affin Hwang Scholarship
The Tunku-Affin Hwang Scholarship is the result of our partnership with Affin Hwang Asset Management (AHAM), which began in 2020. Ever committed to help cultivate brilliant young leaders, AHAM have generously agreed to assist the Tunku Scholars.
Details of the Tunku-Affin Hwang Scholarship:
- Only available to selected undergraduate courses like Finance, Business Administration, Business Management and Law.*
- Full financial support towards tuition fees and students allowances.
- Professional mentorship programs.
- Potential networking and internship positions at the firm.
* A full list of the acceptable undergraduate courses is available in the application form.
Applications for the Tunku-Affin Hwang Scholarship are currently CLOSED for 2021.
The Tunku-MMU Scholarship was created to co-sponsor high-potential, high-need students pursuing their undergraduate studies at Multimedia University.
Details of the Tunku-MMU Scholarship:
- Only available to students or applicants of Multimedia University (MMU).
- Available to any undergraduate courses.
- Tuition fees are fully sponsored by MMU.
- Students allowances are provided by YTAR.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
In the spirit of Tunku, we focus on honing the potential of the future leaders of Malaysia, regardless of colour or creed.